How to fix Audio services not responding Windows 10: You have used Windows 10 for quite some time but suddenly 1 day from nowhere an error shows up saying Audio services not responding and audio is not working in your PC. Don’t worry that is totally fixable but let’s first realise why you will get this error.
This error occurs because of the audio driver is outdated and couldn’t function properly or during Windows 10 update the audio driver gets damaged, on any case, without wasting whenever let’s learn how to Fix Audio services not responding in Windows 10 with your help of the below-listed troubleshooting steps.
Fix Audio services not responding Windows 10
Step 1: Start Windows Audio services
- Press Windows key + R then type services.msc and then hit Enter to open up Windows services list.
- Now locate the next services:
Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
Plug and Play
- Ensure that their Startup Type was set to Automatic and also services are Running, either way, restart all them once more.
- If Startup Type are not Automatic then double select the services and inside property window set these to Automatic.
- The actual above services are checked in msconfig.exe
- Restart your pc to use these changes.
Step 2: Start Windows Audio components
- Press Windows key + R then type services.msc
- Locate Windows Audio service and then double click it to open up properties.
- Select Dependencies tab and expand this components listed on This service depends on this next system components.
- Now make sure all of the components listed above will be Started and Running from the services.msc
- Finally, restart the Windows Audio services and Reboot to use changes. Check if you’re ready to Fix Audio services not responding in Windows 10, or even then continue with your next method.
Step 3: Uninstall Sound drivers
- Install CCleaner in below.
- Visit Registry window in the left, then scan for all your problems and allow it fix them.
- Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and then hit enter to open up Device Manager.
- Improve Sound, video and game controllers and then click the sound device then select Uninstall.
- Now verify the uninstall by clicking OK.
- Finally, from the Device Manager window, visit Action and then click Scan for hardware changes.
- Restart to use changes.
Step 4: Restore registry key from Antivirus
1. Open your anti-virus and visit the virus vault.
2. From system tray Right select on Norton Security and choose Watch Recent History.
3. Now select Quarantine from your Show drop-down.
4. Inside Quarantine or virus vault search for your Audio device or services who are quarantined.
5. Search for registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROL and when this registry key leads to:
6. Restore them and Restart to use changes.
7. Check if you’re allowed to Fix Audio services not responding in Windows 10? otherwise repeat steps 1 with 2.
Step 5: Modify Registry key
1. Click Windows Key + R then type regedit and then hit enter with open Registry Editor.
2. Now inside Registry editor navigate with this following key:
3. Locate ServicDll and when this value will be %SystemRoot%\System32\Audiosrv.dll, here is the source of the issue.
4. Switch the above value using this: %SystemRoot%\System32\AudioEndPointBuilder.dll
5. Restart your computer to use changes.
Step 6: Use Windows troubleshooter
- Wide open control panel and also in your search box type troubleshooting.
- From the search results select on Troubleshooting and next select Hardware and Sound.
- Now within the next window just click Playing Audio inside Sound sub-category.
- Finally, click Advanced Options from the Playing Audio window and check out Apply repairs automatically and then click Next.
- Troubleshooter will automatically diagnose the problem and then ask you if you wish to use the fix or even.
- Click Apply this fix and Reboot to use changes.
When you have followed every single step according into the guide you then just fixed the problem Audio services not responding Windows 10 but when you still need any questions regarding that post feel free with question them from the comment section.