Headphones not working Windows 10: I will be running the public launch of Windows 10 0n the Dell laptop which has the Realtek HD audio Manager Windows 10 and that is how I Fixed to find the headphone jack to give audio to my external speaker system and also the so-so internal speakers in the laptop!
Note: Before trying all of these fixes you should have appropriate drivers in your sound card, just as my case its Realtek and you will download the default drivers from here.
Method 2 it seems to work with everyone in fixing Headphones not working Windows 10 problem so have a go before any else method.
How to Fix Headphones not working Windows 10
Method 1: Let Windows Automatically Update The Audio/Sound Drivers
- Right select your sound icon.
- Select Sounds and next head to playback tab.
- Select your Speakers/Headphones and then click Properties.
- You’ll see Controller Information and also a button “Properties“, click it.
- Select Change Settings (Needs Administrators permission)
- Visit the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
- Allow it download automatically.
- Done! you may go look at your headphone now. This will have Fix Headphones not working on Windows 10, or even restart and look.
If above doesn’t fix your problem lets visit method 2.
Method 2: Manually Update The Sound/Audio Drivers
- Right select This PC or My Computer and choose Properties.
- In Properties windows from the left plane select “Device Manager.”
- Under Sound, Video and Games controllers, right select High Definition Audio Device and even select “Properties.”
- Now visit Driver tab in High Definition Audio Device Properties and the click “Update Driver.”
- Select Browse my computer from driver software.
- And next select I can select using a set of device drivers from my computer.
- Select High Definition Audio Device, click Next, Click yes on the warning.
It will work on this time. Restart your pc and view for headphone.
Or even then go to method 3:
Method 3: Disable Front Panel Jack Detection
When you have installed the Realtek software, open the Realtek HD Audio Manager, and go to the Disable front panel jack detection option, under connector settings from the right side panel. This headphones and other audio devices work without the problem.
That’s it, you will have successfully Fix Headphones not working Windows 10 though if you still need any queries in regards to this post please feel free to ask these with the comment’s section.