How to Fix Scanner Not Working Windows 10 longer working is a very common issue, particularly in new Windows 10. If the scanner doesn’t are employed in Windows 10, don’t worry. You’re not really a lone. Many Windows 10 users have reported this problem. It is possible to repair the problem using one of the solutions below.
You will find three solutions you can look at to repair the situation. You might not need to give them a go all. Just use them one after the other before you discover the the one that matches your needs.
Solution 1: Repair Corrupted System Files
The trouble could be the result of corrupted system files. To check on and repair the corrupted files, adopt these measures:
- Hold Down Windows brand name and press R key simultaneously to invoke the run box.
- Sort cmd and then click your OK button.
- Whenever Command Prompt opens up, sort sfc / scan now and also click Enter.
The procedure Note that you will be necessary to run this command as a possible administrator. Or even, you’ll get the next message once your run it. In cases like this, please open command prompt as a possible administrator and attempt again.will require several minutes prior to the verification 100% complete.
Notice that you need to run this command as a possible administrator. In any other case, you’re going to get the next message once your run it. In cases like this, please open command prompt as a possible administrator and check out again.
If you’re not sure how you can open command prompt as administrator, refer How you can Open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows.
Solution 2: Configure Related Services
If some related services usually are not started, the scanner cannot work correctly.
- Remote Procedure Call RPC
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Shell Hardware Detection
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
Steps listed here are on the reference the way to search for the service status. Here, let’s take Shell Hardware Detection as an example.
- Hold Down Windows brand name and press R key. A Run dialog box will pop-up.
- Type services.msc inside the run box and click on OK button.
- Find Shell Hardware Detection from Name list. Right-click about it and judge Properties in the context menu.
- If you notice “Service status” is Stopped, click Start button and OK button. Then your service will begin again.
Solution 3: Update Driver on your Scanner
When the scanner driver has problem, the scanner cannot scan correctly. So updating the driving force may resolve the trouble. You can check out your scanner’s manufacturer’s web site to download the most recent Windows 10 driver. For many models, manufacturer may well not release Windows 10 driver. In cases like this, try the motive force for Windows 7 or Windows 8, which can be always appropriate for Windows 10.
In the event you don’t have enough time, patience or computer skills to update drivers manually, it can be done automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize one’s body and discover the proper drivers because of it. You don’t need to find out what exactly system your personal computer is running, you don’t must risk downloading and installing the incorrect driver, and you also don’t be concerned about producing an error when installing.
It is possible to remodel your drivers automatically with either the disposable or even the Pro form of Driver Easy. But the professional version it will take just 2 clicks (and also you get full support along with a 30-day cash back guarantee):
- Install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Simple and easy , click Scan Now. Driver Easy will likely then scan your personal computer and detect problems drivers.
- Click on the Update button close to a flagged scanner driver to automatically install the right form of this driver (this can be achieved using the FREE version). Or click Update All to automatically install the right form of all of the drivers which are missing or old on your own system (this involves the professional version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade once you click Update All).
How to Fix Scanner Not Working Windows 10 issue. When you have questions, please leave your comment. We’d like to learn about any ideas or suggestions.